Tuesday, March 13, 2012

March 13 -- Meet my dogs

I looked for wildflowers in Shubel Park today, a little peninsula of land bounded by the Red Cedar River. The weather was sunny and warm -- about 60 degrees. As is usual for this time in Michigan, everything is the same muddy brown.
Late winter brown in Michigan.


I didn't find any flowers, so I might as well introduce you to my dogs. If you look closely you can see two of them in the photo above...Sammy the Sheltie looking for squirrels in a tree on the left, and Tawny, a Tennessee High Stepper, fishing trash from the river.


Tawny finds a toy to play with.
Tawny always finds a plastic bottle for us to play fetch with. Today was no different.






And of course, I must throw it for her. 



Throw it!

Sammy guarding a tree from squirrels.
Tawny is the only dog interested in swimming and fetching. 


Sammy would prefer to spend his time barking at squirrels. This is why he is fairly tubby. 

Phoebe with a bear cub cut
Phoebe is supposedly a Pomeranian, but she doesn't really seem to be a dog. She looks more like a bear cub and mostly just wants to be held.




What does Max see?







Max, a Chihuahua/Toy Poodle mix, is small but mighty-hearted. And he's spotted something! I look to see what it is.  






Deer!

No comments:

Post a Comment